List:       log4j-dev
Subject:    Re: [VOTE RESULT] log4j 1.2.16 release
From:       Brett Porter <brett () apache ! org>
Date:       2010-04-09 14:07:07

On 08/04/2010, at 3:12 PM, Curt Arnold wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2010, at 5:22 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
> >
> > > Fixing it right would require either changing the Maven plugin or adding steps \
> > > in our build to correct it after it is built and should be done for 1.2.17.
> >
> > Are you saying the Maven default javadoc build included .svn? I've never seen \
> > that before.
>
> Yes.

I found http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-232 and \
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-173. I'm not sure what version of the plugin \
you are using - but does one of them cover it?

> > > I've asked for sync'ing instructions on repository@apache since the process has \
> > > apparently changed.  I haven't had a response yet and have not taken any \
> > > actions, so 1.2.16 is not yet on its way to the Maven repo and its mirrors.  \
> > > Are you familiar with the current process?  Would it be better to delay pushing \
> > > syncing the Maven repo until we have a replacement javadoc.jar or could we add \
> > > it at a later time?
> >
> > Your question hasn't got through - not sure who is moderating it these days.
>
> Surprising since I'm subscribed to the list.

It's the gmail thing. I just manually moderated it through and added your gmail to \
the allow list. I think all the moderators on there are travelling at the moment.

> > There is an alternative process if you want to change, but the old way still \
> > works if you've used it before.
>
> Couldn't find the old way documented anymore which I think was syncing the M1 repo. \
> Is copying to /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository and changing \
> the permissions the new way or does the new way involve Nexus.

Either of those work, but the m1 technique won't any more. When you said 'old' way I \
thought you'd meant the m2 rsync that most had been using up until recently.

> > Speaking of moderation - my first response got rejected because brett@apache.org \
> > is not a subscriber. This is quite common when using google apps mail with ezmlm. \
> > Is there a reason the log4j lists are not moderated?
>

> I believe it was that way when I inherited list management.  The log4php mailing \
> lists were switched to moderation and I was swamped with spam moderation requests.  \
> I'd hate to be on the receiving end of the log4j directed spam.

Moderators would probably find the volume is about the same on each list. Anyway, let \
infra know if that's something that someone wants to take up - I just thought I'd \
point out that it's an unusual configuration and can have some pitfalls with gmail.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter