List:       log4cxx-user
Subject:    Re: A few problems to report
From:       "Dale King" <dalewking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-05-10 12:22:26

I've also figured out why the Watchdog threads do not have the same
problem. The pointers to the watchdog objects which contain the
threads are not retained. The objects are created and no reference is
maintained so the watchdog objects are never destroyed and thus the
threads are never destroyed and thread.join is never called on them
(either in the filewatchdog destructor or the thread destructor).

So I had hoped there was something about the Watchdog thread that
could be copied to the SocketAppender case, but no the Watchdog thread
gets around it by following a bad practice that should be cleaned up.

--
Dale King