List:       log4cxx-user
Subject:    Re: Why, is it impossible to build log4cxx on Solaris 10 ??
From:       renny.koshy () rubixinfotech ! com
Date:       2007-07-26 7:01:58

--=_alternative 0026756A85257324_=

done - I will sent direct email with location

Renny Koshy
President & CEO

RUBIX Information Technologies, Inc.
www.rubixinfotech.com

supervixen <syrocax@gmail.com>
07/26/2007 02:16 AM
Please respond to
"Log4CXX User" <log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org>

"Log4CXX User" <log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Why, is it impossible to build log4cxx on Solaris 10 ??

Hello - again,
I know that log4cxx-0.9.7 is significantly out of date, but I just
have to use it because I have been tasked to adapt an already existing
and tested Debug-Log framework ( based on DDS & and log4cxx-0.9.7,
Linux platform) to Solaris 10. It seemed that i had no choice but to
get this 0.9.7 version running. Or do I ? I find it too risky to try
something new, especially when I am so out of time to try it..

On 7/25/07, Bob Rossi <bob_rossi@cox.net> wrote:
> I would try using svn.

And Renny,
How do you just run configure then make ? do you already have a
Makefile.in? I run configure and all i get is a message that no
Makefile.in is found.(thus I have to run the autogen.sh which in turn
invokes automake to build a Makefile.in ... or am I missing something
here?)

On 7/25/07, renny.koshy@rubixinfotech.com <renny.koshy@rubixinfotech.com>
wrote:

> I have not tried to autogen it... I've just ran configure & then make,
> and it seems to work fine for me... been using it since 2005.

Would you please do that ? I am very lost.

> If you want me to tar up the directory and make it avial, I can do
> that.

--=_alternative 0026756A85257324_=

location</font>
President &amp; CEO<br>
--------------------------------------------<br>
RUBIX Information Technologies, Inc.<br>
www.rubixinfotech.com</font>
&lt;syrocax@gmail.com&gt;</b> </font>
&lt;log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org&gt;</font> <tr valign=top>
on Solaris 10 ??</font></table>
I know that log4cxx-0.9.7 is significantly out of date, but I just<br>
have to use it because I have been tasked to adapt an already existing<br>
and tested Debug-Log framework ( based on DDS &amp; and log4cxx-0.9.7,<br>
Linux platform) to Solaris 10. It seemed that i had no choice but to<br>
get this 0.9.7 version running. Or do I ? I find it too risky to try<br>
something new, especially when I am so out of time to try it..<br>
On 7/25/07, Curt Arnold &lt;carnold@apache.org&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; I strongly discourage use of log4cxx 0.9.7 and can provide no support<br>
&gt; for it. &nbsp;It predates the move to ASF and has many, many bugs
that<br>
&gt; have been fixed in the SVN.<br>
On 7/25/07, Bob Rossi &lt;bob_rossi@cox.net&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; I would try using svn.<br>
And Renny,<br>
How do you just run configure then make ? do you already have a<br>
Makefile.in? I run configure and all i get is a message that no<br>
Makefile.in is found.(thus I have to run the autogen.sh which in turn<br>
invokes automake to build a Makefile.in ... or am I missing something<br>
here?)<br>
On 7/25/07, renny.koshy@rubixinfotech.com &lt;renny.koshy@rubixinfotech.com&gt;
wrote:<br>
&gt; I have not tried to autogen it... I've just ran configure &amp; then
make,<br>
&gt; and it seems to work fine for me... been using it since 2005.<br>
Would you please do that ? I am very lost.<br>
&gt; If you want me to tar up the directory and make it avial, I can do<br>
&gt; that.<br>
--=_alternative 0026756A85257324_=--