List:       log4cxx-dev
Subject:    Re: Crashes on exit() from multithreaded program using log4cxx
From:       Aleksandr Vinokurov <aleksandr.vin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-01-22 16:11:57

Hello, fellows,

I have this issue in situation when exitting an app that manually load
a shared object that links to lilog4cxx.so and then manually unload it
right before performing an exit() call. Quite similar to what Rhosyn
says. For me it appears on Itanium arch that runs HP-UX. But I think
that Itanium ABI's __cxa_atexit() addresses this issue. I have no
ability to check it for GCC (see \
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1264172397670+28353475&threadId=1370786) \
 , but native HP-UX C++ compiler make it right.

So I consider using -fuse-cxa-atexit for g++ will help.

Sorry if my approach fails -- I try to post a reply for the email I
have yanked from the archive to keep the hier.

With best wishes,
Aleksandr Vinokurov.