List:       log4cxx-dev
Subject:    Re: static builds and class registration
From:       Curt Arnold <carnold () apache ! org>
Date:       2006-12-13 4:06:26

On Dec 12, 2006, at 2:23 AM, Peter Steiner wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Usually I'm using the shared build of log4cxx. But once in while I'm
> testing the static build. The current static build can't find the
> SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy class when using a property configuration.
>
> Should SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy::registerClass() be called from
> Class::registerClasses(), or where should this class be registered?

> Regards, Peter

I've added explicit calls to SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy::registerClass
and other RFA related classes to Class::registerClasses() in rev 486481.

The IMPLEMENT_LOG4CXX_OBJECT macro will adds a non-local static
object construction to the implementation file, but since it is non-
local there is no guarantee that it is executed before a
configuration step called from another non-local static constructor.
The Class::registerClasses() was a back up to force class
registration to occur before configuration would fail with a missing
class exception.