List:       loadbalancing-l
Subject:    RE: [load balancing] Question regarding UDP
From:       "Marcel" <marcel () maderco ! nl>
Date:       2005-07-28 13:56:32

Rob,

I cannot exactly see what configuration you have but with udp it is correct
that the LB looks into its session table to see if there is a session entry.
When it finds one it looks if the corresponding session information is
exactly the session that is it handling. If that is correct it will use the
information and send the session to the corresponding server.
You can lower the timeout on the server and even the session table. And
maybe you can use the option stateless when you choose the udp loadbalancing
option (I know you can activate it with dns loadbalancing so maybe it is an
global option).

Normally I would expect when you choose radius load balancing to look into
the request. But as I sad I cannot see your configuration.

Marcel.

PS: Rob, yes still there as a freelancer. Look at www.maderco.nl (sorry
people still only in Dutch).