List:       loadbalancing-l
Subject:    [load balancing] non-authoritative response
From:       "Salman Siddiqui" <salman () kubra ! com>
Date:       2004-03-30 18:19:14

We have delegated a sub domain to the 3DNS. Name resolution works fine
except that 3DNS responses are non-authoritative. We are not using
NameSurfer. I am very comfortable with bind but am a little lost as to how
bind zone file and 3DNS dynamic DNS changes will fit together.

For example, to add a master zone in named.conf and creating a zone file is
no problem at all. However, when I did that, 3DNS responses only contained
what was stated in the zone file instead of according to the WideIP
configuration and status.

Any suggestions? Should we be using Namesurfer instead? What is the
recommended way of doing this?

Salman Siddiqui

["winmail.dat" (application/ms-tnef)]