List:       loadbalancing-l
Subject:    [load balancing] Serious Problem with Alteon 180e
From:       raphead () gmx ! net
Date:       2003-11-29 17:41:53

Hi,

I set up an Alteon 180e for a community site with PHP an passive cookie
pbind for session persistence I'm using DAM and dbind and the persistence seems
to work!

What sucks like hell: After some hours the switch starts to make really
strage things - requests to the VIP run in timeouts, some proxies even state
connection failures and the persistence doesn't also work anymore.

AFTER doing a /oper/slb/clear EVERYTHING is going back to normal!!

This tells me the session tbale gets screwed up somehow.

How can this happen when there are only approx 1000 concurrent Users?

I'm having real probs here and I appreciate any hint

Thanks

--
HoHoHo! Seid Ihr auch alle schön brav gewesen?

GMX Weihnachts-Special: Die 1. Adresse für Weihnachts-
männer und -frauen! http://www.gmx.net/de/cgi/specialmail