List:       loadbalancing-l
Subject:    Re: AW: [load balancing] Redundany datacenters (TTL=0)
From:       Rob Pickering <rob () rpanetwork ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-02-25 16:35:34

I think the point is that whilst in practice sending out replies with
very short TTLs is unlikely to break things, it probably doesn't
*guarantee* convergence in seconds on link failure either.

If you budget for convergence times closer to 10 mins with occasional
stragglers like big ISP web-caches holding the "old" address for HTTP
then this is a more reasonable expectation for the technology.

--
    Rob.