List:       loadbalancing-l
Subject:    [load balancing] Cisco CSS 11000 Sendmail vs SNMP Traps
From:       "Yassin Matan" <matany () franklin ! edu>
Date:       2002-12-24 20:23:55

Hello all, I am trying to determine what is the best/preferred way for me to get \
notification when a service goes down AND comes backup in a CSS 11000. I understand \
that the logging sendmail only sends notification when a service goes down, but not \
when it comes back up.

I read somewhere that I can achieve what I am looking for by using SNMP traps-host, \
but were not sure how to do it or what the security implications were.

My last question is the advantages and disadvantages of using the sendmail \
capabilities as compare to the SNMP traps.

Please explain in steps if you could which method is preferred and why, and how it is \
implemented.

Thanks a lot in advance