List:       llvm-dev
Subject:    [llvm-dev] Understanding gwp-asan
From:       Shuai Wang via llvm-dev <llvm-dev () lists ! llvm ! org>
Date:       2021-12-25 11:25:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello!

I am tentatively exploring the usage of gwp-asan. From the documents, I got
the impression that gwp-asan delivers extremely low cost with protections
at certain degree. Given that said, the sampling rate is typically very
low. In that sense, as a normal user, how should I understand the security
protection capability of gwp-asan? And on which baseline? Also, suppose I
want to use it to protect my software, what would be the best practice to
tune the sampling rate?

Thank you very much!

Best,
Shuai