In cmake projects, it seems that the scope of macros/functions is global. Whichever definition is seen last, wins. The incompatible assign_if definition in cmake/Modules/CompilerRTUtils.cmake breaks the lldb project, since it so happens that lldb=92s CMakeLists are p= rocessed after compiler_rt. * In compiler-rt, it=92s expected that append_if operates on semicolon deli= mited strings, also known as cmake lists. * In core llvm, and in lldb, it=92s expected that append_if operates on spa= ce-delmited strings. I propose to rename those macros/functions to list_append_if etc. If this i= s agreeable, I=92ll prepare a patch. I dislike the =93obvious=94 quick hack of moving the projects *after* tools= in the main CMakeLists.txt. I think it must be a matter of policy to treat the cmake function/macro nam= espace as global across the entire project. I=92m willing to write a script to check for thi= s, so that people reviewing patches could sanity-check without undue manual labor. Cheers, Kuba Ober _______________________________________________ LLVM Developers mailing list LLVMdev@cs.uiuc.edu http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev