List:       llvm-dev
Subject:    Re: [LLVMdev] Old JIT Status (i.e., can we delete it?)
From:       "Kaylor, Andrew" <andrew.kaylor () intel ! com>
Date:       2012-11-29 23:31:38

I don't think that GDB support is even present in the latest version of the=
 old JIT in trunk.  It used to have code to register emitted functions with=
 GDB in a way that let GDB find the function name and EH frame information,=
 but that got taken out back in January (r147615).  As it stands now, I don=
't think GDB would provide any useful information at all about code emitted=
 by the old JIT.

MCJIT, on ELF platforms at least, registers emitted code with GDB for full =
source level debugging (when debug info is available).

-Andy