List:       llvm-dev
Subject:    [LLVMdev] how to let memory dependency analysis use globalsmodref
From:       Jin Guoliang <jingl1345 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-07-31 22:42:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi there,

I am doing:

opt -print-memdeps ./test.bc -analyze -globalsmodref-aa

by adding globalsmodref-aa, I am hoping that globalsmodref alias analysis
will be used. However, it does not turn out to be so. I found this out by
adding some "errs() << " into the source code for that alias analysis.

So my question is what should I do to let memory dependency analysis use
globalsmodref alias analysis.

I have tried other alias analysis and found out that if basic-aa and tbaa
can be utilized, but not -libcall-aa -globalsmodref-aa.

I also found out that -libcall-aa -globalsmodref-aa has member function
runOnFunction and runOnModule respectively, but basic-aa and tbaa do not.

Again, my question is what should I do to let memory dependency analysis
use globalsmodref alias analysis.

Thanks,
Guoliang