List:       lists-bincimap
Subject:    Re: FW: [bincimap] New Solaris 9 build issues. getopt_long error
From:       Andreas Aardal Hanssen <bincimap () andreas ! hanssen ! name>
Date:       2003-04-21 18:03:49

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Peters, Michael D. wrote:
>I was checking on what Andy suggested but unfortunately, I do not find his
>reference. I only have this:
>dnl Checks for libraries
>AC_CHECK_LIB(crypto, BF_set_key, LIBCRYPTO=-lcrypto, echo "The crypto
>library is required"; exit 1)
>AC_CHECK_LIB(ssl -lcrypto, SSL_write, LIBSSL=-lssl, echo "The OpenSSL
>library is required."; exit 1)
>AC_CHECK_LIB(dl, dlopen, LIBDL=-ldl, LIBDL=)
>AC_SUBST(LIBDL)
>AC_SUBST(LIBSSL)

Which tarball are you using? I'm quite sure that the latest tarballs have
the test for gnugetopt in them. From 1.1.4, configure.in line 80:

AC_CHECK_LIB(gnugetopt, getopt_long, LIBGETOPT=-lgnugetopt, LIBGETOPT=)
AC_CHECK_LIB(dl, dlopen, LIBDL=-ldl, LIBDL=)
AC_SUBST(LIBGETOPT)
AC_SUBST(LIBDL)
AC_SUBST(LIBSSL)

The 1.0.24 tarball does not have this test, because the problem was not
yet discovered back then. :-)

Andy

--
Andreas Aardal Hanssen | http://www.andreas.hanssen.name/gpg
Author of Binc IMAP    | Nil desperandum