List:       lists-bincimap
Subject:    Re: [bincimap] clients don't see new mail
From:       Andreas Aardal Hanssen <bincimap () andreas ! hanssen ! name>
Date:       2003-04-21 17:18:02

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Ketil Froyn wrote:
>Hi.
>Happy Easter :o)

Hi, Ketil, and happy Easter to you too :-).

>I'm using bincimap 1.1.5-1, and some clients don't see new emails in some
>folders. Both Horde/IMP and Evolution (sorry, don't have version numbers
>with me, but it's a very recent Evolution) only see new mails in my
>postponed-msgs folder (which pine writes my posponed messages to), and in
>the other folders they both claim there are no new messages, but the total
>number is correct.
>Pine, on the other hand, sees the new messages in all folders when I <tab>
>through them.

The easiest way to track down if this is a problem or not is to intercept
the commands passed from Evolution and IMP to see what flags Binc returns.
If messages are unread, Binc should say so but if they are not recent, and
read, then it's up to the client to figure out what's new (comparing with
its local state).

I'll do some testing with Evolution to see how it behaves.

Andy :-) catching up..

--
Andreas Aardal Hanssen | http://www.andreas.hanssen.name/gpg
Author of Binc IMAP    | Nil desperandum