List:       listar-support
Subject:    [LSupp] Sendmail & Virtual Hosts
From:       Matt Clay <m-clay () northwestern ! edu>
Date:       2001-02-26 21:45:49

Hi all,

I'm not too familiar with sendmail, but I think my problem may be with
sendmail virtual hosts. I don't think this is really a problem with
Listar, but was hoping someone here could help. First off, I'm running
Redhat 6.2 with Listar 1.0.0.

My problem is that the computer that's running Listar insists on
changing the Reply-To: and To: headers of messages that Listar sends
out. In the lists/config file I have the reply-to set to be
owner-seminar@www.esam.nwu.edu but when the message goes out, it appears
as owner-seminar@chilly.esam.nwu.edu. The name www is a CNAME record in
the nameserver for chilly, if that makes any difference.

I turned up debugging on Listar and saw that it the listar.log file
includes the following line during its communication with sendmail:

[02/24/2001-20:48:17] [22398] IO OUT: Reply-to:
owner-seminar@www.esam.nwu.edu

In the main listar.cfg file I have both the mailserver and hostname
variables set to www.esam.nwu.edu, if that makes any difference.

Any suggestions on how to make sendmail stop changing the headers? Do I
need to set up a virtual sendmail host to handle this, and if so, how?

Thanks a lot,
Matt

--
Listar Support (http://www.listar.org/archives/listar-support)