List:       listar-support
Subject:    [Listar-support] Re: Is there any manual
From:       Richard van Eckendonk/Denbosch<Richard () SkateForce ! COM>
Date:       1999-07-23 8:37:40

Thanks all ! It is working fine now !

Rich

JT <jtraub@dragoncat.net> on 07/21/99 08:48:06 PM
Please respond to listar-support@listar.org
To:     listar-support@listar.org
cc:

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Richard van Eckendonk/Denbosch wrote:
> Hmmmm... but I did create an account on my linux box for listar. That
seems
> to be wrong than!
> I will try it out. Thanks!

You want to create the user and group so that listar runs with minimal
permissions (ie, can only affect it's own files).  You have to create the
listar alias so that mail will go to listar rather than to
/var/spool/mail/listar :)  So, createing the account was correct, but you
forgot a step :)

--JT

--
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]