List:       listar-support
Subject:    Re: [Listar-support] CGI's and stufff
From:       Ryan Tucker <rtucker () crasher2 ! ttgcitn ! com>
Date:       1999-05-25 1:01:45

Jeremy Blackman <loki@maison-otaku.net> wrote:
> > Has anyone writen a CGI to make it easyer for people to
> > subscribe/unsubscribe to a listar mailing list from the WWW???
>
> Well, there's listargate - it doesn't do a lot ELSE yet, but it does
> handle that correctly.  Then, I know that Ryan Tucker wrote a WWW
> interface to Listar.

Well, I hacked together a little php3-based form to send subscribe and
unsubscribe requests.  Nothing TOO incredibly useful nor
listar-specific.  :-)

OTOH, if that's what you're looking for...

> > Also has anyone had much  uccess with the listargate cgi? it tends to make
> > my web server spit out nasty errors like "premature end of script headers"
> > and other such things. Perl really isn't my language of preference so
> > haven't had much luck trying to fix this. I realise that this CGI is
> > totally experimental, just wondering if anyone has it work ng ?
>
> Yeah; I have it working on listar.org
> (http://www.listar.org/cgi-bin/listargate.cgi) as well as most of my other
> sites.  I have the excuse of being the guy who writes the software,
> though. :)  I believe that John Goerzen also has it running on
> complete.org, and I think several others are also running it successfully.

http://crasher2.ttgcitn.com/~listar/

(yes, it's down right now, but it'll be up by the time you get this --
roommate took the router down for furniture-moving)  -rt

--
Ryan Tucker <rtucker@ttgcitn.com>    http://www.ttgcitn.com/~rtucker/
Phone: +17163219382 mbox3          Box 92425, Rochester NY 14692-0425