List:       listar-support
Subject:    [ESupp] Re: Why Ecartis?
From:       Victor Rehorst <victor () newtontalk ! net>
Date:       2003-05-30 13:50:10

Quoting Baltasar Cevc <baltasar@cevc-topp.de>:

> Citing jennyw <jennyw@dangerousideas.com>:
> > wondering ... can people give me reasons why Ecartis is the better MLM?
> Mailman uses plain-text password to authenticate. I know some users of
> lists
> running mailman, and they are not quite happy with that.
> People tend to forget them - or, even worse, setting the same password as
> everywhere or their e-mail-address as password...

Worse than using plain-text password is just the hassle of having to assign
everyone a password, which they have to remember, request, etc etc.  The
eCartis  cookie way of authenticating makes things as secure as the user's
mail account - and if you don't trust that, then they shouldn't be subscribed.

--
Victor Rehorst - victor@newtontalk.net - chuma@chuma.org
"There's nothing, nothing better than / that small computer with a pen.