List:       listar-support
Subject:    [ESupp] Why Ecartis?
From:       jennyw <jennyw () dangerousideas ! com>
Date:       2003-05-29 21:26:55

I'm setting up an MLM for someone and they asked for the easiest thing
possible.  I use Ecartis for my lists, but I'm not sure that Ecartis
really falls into the category of easiest possible, and people have been
telling me that Mailman is wonderful and I should look at it.  So I was
wondering ... can people give me reasons why Ecartis is the better MLM?
I realize that one of the main differences is that Mailman is written in
Python, which could theoretically make it slower, but people seem to run
huge lists off it fine.  Then again, I don't personally know anyone who
runs a Mailman list that has >10,000 subscribers, which is what we'll be
dealing with.

Thanks!

Jen