List:       listar-support
Subject:    [ESupp] Re: can't compile on Mac OS X Server
From:       Robert Claeson <robert.claeson () terrabee ! net>
Date:       2003-05-12 14:33:40

söndagen den 4 maj 2003 kl 15.43 skrev Ross Gohlke:

> I'm moving all my sites from a FreeBSD box to an Xserve. I have
> reinstalled everything completely except Ecartis.
>
> I was encouraged by earlier reports on this list that I would be able
> successfully compile ecartis, but it's not working. It may be something
> stupid.
>
> SPECIFICATIONS:
> Mac OS X Server 10.2.5 (6L29)
> Postfix
>
> HERE'S WHAT I DID (Following help from mailing list):
>
> - Download the latest tarred snapshot:
> ecartis-1.0.0-snap20030417.tar.gz
> - Move src/Makefile.dist to ../Makefile
> - Edit Makefile:
> BSDMOD=1
> DYNMOD=0
> deleted two occurrences of -lcrypt (from LIBS=)
> - make
>
> HERE'S WHAT I GET:
> make: *** modules/bouncer: No such file or directory.  Stop.
> make: *** [make_modules] Error 2
>

> I'm new enough to source code compilation to not know what this means.
> What am I doing wrong? I'm not sure if modules are required, or if
> they're
> even necessary with DYNMOD=0.
>
> Next, I tried commenting all modules out (LS_BOUNCER=bouncer, etc.)
> and I got this:
> make: *** No rule to make target `alias.o', needed by `ecartis'.  Stop.
>

> I'm obviously way out of my league here, but I'd really like to run
> ecartis on this box. Any help appreciated, thanks.

My workstation is a MacOS X system, but I've never tried Ecartis with
it in the past. Now I did. I god the same errors as you, and then some.
If you enabled BSDMOD or DYNMOD, Ecartis assumes certain compiler and
linker flags that the gcc in MacOS X doesn't support. I commented out
BSDMOD and DYNMOD from the Makefile along with the "LIBS=-lcrypt" line,
did a "make pristine" and then "make".  It compiled and just gave me a
warning about multiple definitions of  some regexp stuff.

/Robert