List:       listar-support
Subject:    [ESupp] Unsubscribing Forwarders
From:       "Jay Livens" <jlivens () livens ! org>
Date:       2002-10-17 13:43:20

Hi,
  Thank you to everyone for helping with my previous problems CCERRORS
gives many more details about bounces and helped my solve my problems.  I
now have a new issue.  I just received a bulk aberdeen-bounce message from
hotmail.  It lists 18 email addresses with action of "failed" and status
0f 5.0.0.  Okay I believe a 500 is a fatal error and thus want to
unsubscribe the people.  The problem is that there is no one with those
email addresses listed as subscribed to my list.  My thought is that
people are forwarding other email addresses to their hotmail accounts and
they then canceled with hotmail.  My question is how can I track down
which email addresses are forwarding?  I have found nothing in the bounce
message or any of the headers to indicate the original addresses.
 Anyone have any thoughts?  Suggestions?  Thank you.

JL