List:       listar-dev
Subject:    Re: [listar-dev] message size
From:       Jeremy Blackman <loki () maison-otaku ! net>
Date:       1998-12-23 23:11:43

On Wed, 23 Dec 1998, Jeremy Blackman wrote:

> > In my opinion it shouldn't include the headers.
>
> Ok; unless anyone has any objections or real good reasons why it should
> include the headers, I think I'm going to have it only count the message
> body size.  Or I suppose it could be a config option as to whether or not
> it includes headers... :)

Ok, here's what I did:

I added two new config variables, 'header-max-size' and 'body-max-size'.
If they aren't set, then there's no size limit.  Header and body size are
checked separately, so you can set only body-max-size if you don't care
about header size, or header-max-size if you only want to make sure you
don't have some huge mangled headers.  Or you can set both.  Or neither.
:)

That should satisfy all possible configurations for the moment.

This change will be in 0.115a.

--Loki
  loki@maison-otaku.net / jeremy@lith.com / loki@lithtech.com