List:       listar-dev
Subject:    [EDev] Re: [ESupp] Re: [mredivo@binarytool.com: Re: Ecartis d ead?]
From:       John Madden <weez () freelists ! org>
Date:       2005-05-25 2:10:39

> GPL is GPL, so if anybody wants to start a new project using current
> ecartis code (or parts or concept or nothing or mixe wuth another project
> or ...) It is possible ... Just don't name it Ecartis ... (or newecartis
> ...) in respect with guys involved in good job allready done in ecartis.

Let me cut to the chase: I'd rather see Ecartis development continue, not an
outright fork.  Continue under a new team of developers, with guidance and
participation from the existing developers (at least for a transition
period).

IMO, forks should be reserved for when something's wrong with the current
product, when it's being actively developed in the wrong direction.  What we
have here is a lack of progress, so a change in leadership is needed if
anything, not a fork.  Again, IMO.

When you think about it, if a fork were actually necessary and practical, it
would've happened already, given the GPL.

John

--
# John Madden  weez@freelists.org: http://www.nerdarium.com