List:       listar-dev
Subject:    [EDev] Re: An experimental C++ port -- clearing it all up...
From:       Chris Scott <chris () hostorlando ! com>
Date:       2004-04-25 13:10:54

Luna Kid wrote:

<snip>

> Again, and again, and again:
>
>     * SORRY about my boldness, and "political" incorrectness and everything!
>
>             ** I have never, at all, wanted to hurt anyone, quite naturally! **
>
>     * (with *boldface*): I have not, ever, by a million years, meant to take
>        on any supposed secret conspiratory mission to "hijack the project"
>        and toss it to some C++ hell, with an evil grin on my green face...
>
>             (BTW, I don't even like C++, in fact, but this is, again, quite irrelevant.)
>
> Could you finally just stop this ranting on me for everything?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Sz.

I think reversing your approach to this list/project would help greatly.
 From what I'm seeing, your approach has been: act, defend, then explain.  I
think it would be more productive to come to the list and explain what you
intend on doing and why you want to do it.  Open it up for discussion and
then defend your position if necessary.  Then, as a group we can figure out
the best way to implement your changes/additions if necessary/desired.  In
other words, sell your idea.

There's a lot of history to this project and by just posing a question on
why something is/isn't done or should/shouldn't be done would allow you to
get up to speed and be able to contribute more effectively.

--
Chris Scott
Adaptive Hosting Solutions, Inc.