List:       listar-dev
Subject:    [EDev] Bugreport default config file (was:Re: Ecartis build for WIN32 with vc6)
From:       "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit () familiehaase ! de>
Date:       2002-04-24 10:10:18

Francis schrieb:

> OK, The error message is about Ecartis can't find the templates used to
> generate the pages

Hmm, I got another error when it is not finding the templates.

> the default directory is <ecartishomedir>/templates (or in my multi domains
> implementation <ecartishomedir>/data/<thedomain>/templates

Different templates for every virtual domain or for every list?

> Be sur that the following configuration variables in ecartis.cfg (and the
> domain specific thedomain.cfg) are set correctly :

Ah, I guess domain specific, not list specific?

> lsg-cgi-url =
> http://yourserver/the-virtual-dir-where-reside-the-lsg2-cgi/the-lsg2-cgi-scr
> ipt
> cgi-template-dir =
> <the-complete-path-to-the-physical-dir-where-templates-are-found>

> example :

> lsg-cgi-url = http://www.mydom.com/listserver/lsg2.cgi
> cgi-template-dir = /var/ecartis/templates

Well, I think one variablename is different!

It is 'lsg2-cgi-url', a short grep over the source dir
shows this:
   LMAPI->register_var("lsg2-cgi-url", NULL, "CGI",
     "URL on the associated web server pointing to the LSG/2 cgi wrapper.",
     "lsg2-cgi-url = http://my.dom/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi", VAR_STRING,

So the default config included in the source is wrong:
# lsg-cgi-url
# URL to the CGI script for the web interface.
# Example: lsg-cgi-url = http://www.mydom.com/listserver
#
# lsg-cgi-url =

This is a bug!  Please commit a fix.