List:       list-managers
Subject:    Re: AOL Problems
From:       Adam Bailey <adamb () tezcat ! com>
Date:       1998-04-29 16:20:36

On 4/27/98 6:39 AM, Jack Teems <jteems@rapidnet.com> wrote...

>I repeatedly have comments from AOL customers that they are unable to send
>email
>from my mail list at http://bounce.to/jteems in order to subscribe to my mail
>list.  Is this just a peculiar problem with AOL because it won't handle the
>javascript in my site?

This is a web issue, not a mailing list issue.

You are using the format:

     mailto:address@host?body=body text

This is not supported by many web browsers, including AOL's. I would
suggest you avoid using features that are only limited to a small subset
of users. I even don't recommend using ?subject, which is at least more
widely supported than ?body.

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| "Do not take life too seriously;