List:       list-managers
Subject:    Re: Pro-Spammers mailing list
From:       "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb () FRB ! GOV>
Date:       1997-11-17 18:55:53

>At 5:36 AM -0800 11/17/97, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:
>
>> 	with all due respect, i dont think you understand.
>
>I understand very well, thank you.
>
>> 	the model is the famous "clueless mailing list".  clueless users
>
>Oh, that's an even better model. The old "make fun of the retarded"
>model. Sorry if I don't join the laughter.

	so are you saying that spammers are retarded?

	or are you saying that the clueless are retarded?

	i am saying they are fully capable, just not willing to respect the
rights of others.  in the case of spammers, they dont respect my rights by
polluting my mailbox.  in the case of the clueless, they dont respect the
rights of everyone else on the mailing list be repeated sending
"unsubscribe me" messages to the entire list.

	these people arent retarded, they are inconsiderate ;)

>> 	we are not dropping to their level, we are redirecting the trash
>> they send us back to them.
>
>Please excuse me if I don't see it the way you do. But what's more
>important, don't be surprised if THEY don't -- because what you think
>doesn't matter if they decide it's an attack and decide to retaliate.

	not everyone sees everything the same way, that's cool.
	retaliate?? WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO, SEND MORE SPAM!!!!

	"make it worse?  how can i make it worse!"
	"jevhovah! jevhovah! jevhovah!"
						--life of brian
jmb