List:       list-managers
Subject:    Re: bandwidth for a mailing list
From:       Mitchell Leben <mitch () leben ! com>
Date:       1997-07-14 23:02:32

ISDN is plenty.

Using bulk_mailer to speed delivery, I can deliver to 200 addresses in a
few minutes (not including the stubborn addresses). The above list (200
subscribers) gets at least 10 posts a day, for at least 2000 outgoing
messages a day (on just this one list). As far as bandwidth is concerned,
it does not break a sweat.

If you have no other traffic on the line, a 28.8 modem should suffice.

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Amy West wrote:
> What kind of bandwith do you think is needed for a 2500 member
> once-a-day announcement list? ISDN sufficient? fractional T-1 necessary?

-Mitch
Mitchell Leben
mitch@leben.com
http://www.leben.com/~mitch