List:       list-managers
Subject:    Re: persistent idiot from AOL
From:       jeffw () smoe ! org (Jeff Wasilko)
Date:       1997-03-25 19:01:51

David Carter writes:
> Hi,
>
> I am running an older version of majordomo, 1.72,
> and I'm just now running into problems with a user
> who's clearly insane, coming from AOL. I edited
> resend to look for his aliases and drop the job
> if it recognizes him, but this is a messy temporary
> fix. What tools are there for dealing with really
> infantile and verbose list members? I dont want
> to moderate the list.

This question is better suited to
majordomo-users@greatcircle.com. Perhaps you should subscribe to
that list?

In any event, majordomo 1.94.1 has support for taboo_header and
taboo_body regular expressions, which will send the post to you
for approval if it matches any of the regexps:

      # taboo_headers        [regexp_array] (undef) <resend>
      # If any of the headers matches one of these regexps, then the
      # message will be bounced for review.
taboo_headers       <<  END
/wherefore\@hotmail\.com/i
/buritohead\@aol\.com/i