List:       list-managers
Subject:    Re: E-mail to HTML
From:       Jim Osborn <jimo () eskimo ! com>
Date:       1995-12-29 18:25:58

Peter Bowyer <peter@insite.co.uk> writes:
>I'd be glad of any information about alternatives. I, too, am keen to offer
>new subscribers the ability to review past list activity in a thread-sorted
>manner - this can help them to assimilate the 'culture' of the list more
>quickly.

I'm in the process of setting up some Procmail recipes to let subscribers
access the archives on a Subject: basis.  I plan to have (so far) three
basic functions:

get index: retrieve a list, by digest, of subjects, and date of digest
get subject: search the digests for messages with this subject
get digest: retrieve a specific digest

Quick and dirty, but seems useful.  Most of the fun involves handling
oversize requests and keeping track of which digests are still on line.

If anyone has any war stories I oughta hear, I'd be grateful.

jimo@eskimo.com
owner-omega-list@eskimo.com