List:       list-managers
Subject:    Re: List Managers as Public Servants
From:       Chris Siebenmann <cks () hawkwind ! utcs ! toronto ! edu>
Date:       1995-02-23 19:52:05

| Like I just wrote to Keith, what happens to your public service when
| someone opens up a competing list that includes advertising? Do you
| just shut down your list and go your merry way?

 There seems to be an implicit assumption here that running a list is
a form of competition. I can't speak for other list managers, but I'm
certainly not running my lists for that; I'm running my lists because
I'm interested in the information that comes across them. If someone
else can supply me with the same information, that's *great*.

	- cks