List:       list-managers
Subject:    Dealing with error message reports (was Re: Mailbox full)
From:       PMDAtropos () aol ! com
Date:       1995-02-22 4:41:26

Gary Frederick writes:
>You have your list of mailing lists.  Can AOL test the address before they
>send a mailbox full message.  If it is a mailing list, don't send it.

The present database format doesn't make this practical, but once we're ready
to export it to FTP it may be possible. I'll need to talk to the programmers.

>Build a list of addresses that do not want notice that someone's mailbox is
>full.  It should be easy to do and it will make life a little easier for
>some of us list managers.

This is related but should be easier to collect. Again, I'll have to talk to
our programmers, but the request seems reasonable to me.

--David O'Donnell