List:       list-managers
Subject:    Re: Comparison of Unix-based listserver software?
From:       riddle () is ! rice ! edu (Prentiss Riddle)
Date:       1993-12-08 22:08:26

> From tasos@cs.bu.edu  Sun Dec  5 11:22:38 1993
> Subject: Re: Comparison of Unix-based listserver software?
> To: tower@prep.ai.mit.edu
> Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1993 12:21:50 -0500 (EST)
>
> >    From: riddle@is.rice.edu (Prentiss Riddle)
> >    Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1993 07:46:52 -0600 (CST)
> >
> >    Hi.  Some people here at Rice are evaluating Unix-based listserver
> >    software.  The intention is to replace our mainframe-based LISTSERV,
> >    although we have not yet decided whether an exact LISTSERV clone is a
> >    must.
> >
> >    My question: Has anyone done a comparison of features among the various
> >    available packages?  Or even compiled a list of the leading contenders
> >    which someone making this decision should look at?
>
> A feature-by-feature comparison between procmail, majordomo and the
> listprocessor was posted on this list some time ago; check this list's archives
> (anon ftp to ftp.greatcircle.com).

Thanks.  However, the archive is now voluminous enough that without an
index or a more specific date, finding the comparison in the archive is
a rather daunting task.  If anyone reading this happened to have a copy
at hand that would be very helpful...

-- Prentiss Riddle ("aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada") riddle@rice.edu
-- Systems Programmer, Office of Networking Services
-- Rice University, POB 1892, Houston, TX 77251 / Mudd 208 / 713-285-5327