List:       list-managers
Subject:    Beginner's Idea
From:       tfore () st6000 ! sct ! edu (Tied Up In Yello)
Date:       1993-07-28 20:50:09

Ok, how about this approach?

1.  I am studying to become a SysAdmin.  Running a Mailing list can be
valuable experience in dealing with the quircks of mail-handling.

2.  We have been talking about aliases, and how there are too many
students for them all to have aliases.  Well, I'm not just talking about
an alias.  It's not like I'm saying tfore@sct.edu just doesn't say enough,
I want to be The-Big-Stud@sct.edu.  No.  I want to run a couple of mailing
lists, which requires diligence and responsibility on my part.  I'm not
saying give an alias to everybody, I'm saying that giving an alias to
someone who will use it in a working manner for a purpose -- i.e. a
mailing list -- might be considered acceptable.  If there are any problems
in the system because I am not handling the mail right, then remove the
aliases.

Is this a fair argument?  Feedback, please!