List:       list-managers
Subject:    Re: Enlist your assistance-Clarification of request
From:       gduckett () cam ! compserv ! utas ! edu ! au
Date:       1993-07-21 18:41:38

To all list managers,

>From some of the responses I have received it looks as if I might not have
stated clearly what I want to do.  I'm not really a crank just trying to
get it right.

I don't wish to subscribe to each list all at the same time.  I have a
project on Gopher I want to publicize and to do it would require me to sign
on send message and sign off about 400 times or so.  What I was hoping to
do was to send the message to the majordomo list and hope the managers
would post it off for me so I would not have to sign on and off each list.

The project would have the person on the other end go to Gopher to get the
information I want them to have.  If the returns follow the trend that the
last round did I do not expect to receive more than 3 returns from each
list.

Sorry I did not make that clear in my first message and hope this clears up
any misunderstandings.

The reason I'm asking is I'm working on a computer literacy project and
want to distribute to as many list as I can advertising the project and
wonder if you offer the service for distribution of this type of
information.

To give you an idea as to what I up to:  If you fire up your Gopher package
and find ; Other Archive, Information & Gopher Services.  Then find; All
the Gopher Servers in the world. Look for; University of Tasmania.  This
should connect you with the University of Tasmania.  From this point look
for the following files,  Departments/Education/Computer Literacy
Project... You are now in the project files Have a look around!!

I have just started putting this project together but I'm not ready to
advertise it at this point in time.  I'm just exploring ways to accomplish
the job with the minimum amount of trouble.

Thanks for your time.

George
George Duckett
at
gduckett@cam.compserv.utas.edu.au

University of Tasmania at Launceston
 P.O. Box 1214 - Launceston, Tas. 7250 Aust.
(In Australia STD Code (003)
Phone +61 03 243319
Fax     +61 03 243025