List:       list-managers
Subject:    Re: I bit the bullet and choked on it! (fwd)
From:       drich () sandman ! lerc ! nasa ! gov (Daniel Rich)
Date:       1992-11-20 13:46:26

>>>>> On Thu, 19 Nov 92 17:30:57 -0500, "James O. Truitt (407)984-5791 W2/7742 FAX (407)984-6323" <jtruitt@dw3f.ess.harris.com> said:

James> 	It's difficult for me because I don't already have perl and
James> I'm running Ultrix 4.2. If I already had these things in place
James> I'm sure the installation would have been fairly simple.

We have both perl4.035 and majordomo running on a DECstation 5500 with
Ultrix 4.2.  While I admit it wasn't the easiest piece of software I
have a ever installed, it wasn't that bad.  I followed the
instructions in the paper, and it went right in (with only a little
hacking).

James> 	We have many, many action teams, user groups, software
James> improvement teams, interest groups, etc... These groups meet on some
James> routine basis and this is fine, but with majordomo you move into the
James> realm of being able to meet continuously. You don't have to wait a
James> month for the next meeting to discuss a new thought. You can be sharing
James> everyday. I will have majordomo, but I may have to wait. So I'll take
James> what I can get for now.

That is something like what we are using it for.  Right now, I only
have one list running on it, and it is closed, but I have several
others that we plan on moving over to it in the near future.  It does
work, and well!

--
Dan Rich                    | drich@lerc.nasa.gov   |  (216) 433-4000
Sr. Systems Engineer        | "Danger, you haven't seen the last of me!"