List:       linware
Subject:    Re: How to kill a 2.0.29 kernel
From:       Stephen Arnold <sarnold () rain ! org>
Date:       1997-03-24 1:42:39

On Sun, 23 Mar 1997, Joe Kislo wrote:

> Fuser worked wonders on the mounted
> partition, and brought things back to normal.  I've contacted the author
> several times about the bug (it's much worse on my system then yours if this
> is the first time you've run into it), but I havn't been able to get it
> worked on.  I suppose that's because he can't reproduce it on his system.

Can you tell me more about Fuser (mentioned above)?

I've been wrestling with the lockup problem for a while now (and I can't
exactly call myself a C programmer, so it ain't been easy).  When I try
and copy large files from the server, my end locks up solid; the only
thing that seems to work is the reset button.  Thanks in advance, Steve

sarnold@rain.org