List:       linuxbios
Subject:    [coreboot] coreboot 24.02 release tag on next Monday!
From:       Felix Singer <felixsinger () posteo ! net>
Date:       2024-02-13 1:31:54

The next coreboot release tag is scheduled for next Monday, February
19th!

With the upcoming release we are changing our release number format
from a version number to a date format. So it will be versioned 24.02.

As always, please test any mainboards, give feedback, and if possible
submit a patch for review if you found an issue. We appreciate any
help.

Also, let us know if there are any patches which need to make it into
the release. You can do that by responding to this email and by adding
the following hashtag to the related patch on Gerrit. The hashtag field
is shown after clicking on the "show all" button from the top left
information block of a patch.

    coreboot_release_2402 [1]

We are using another hashtag in order to track patches which are
important or useful in some way, maybe even ready to be submitted, but
might break something and thus the risk is too high right before the
release. So we prefer to submit them after the release which gives
enough time for testing until the next release. Examples are version
updates to the toolchain or updates to the FSP submodule pointer.

The hashtag is as follows:

    coreboot_post_release_2402 [2]

Please don't hesitate and reach out to us if you have any question.

Felix
---
[1] https://review.coreboot.org/q/hashtag:coreboot_release_2402
[2] https://review.coreboot.org/q/hashtag:coreboot_post_release_2402