List:       linuxbios
Subject:    [coreboot] Re: Systems that use coreboot
From:       Tim Wawrzynczak via coreboot <coreboot () coreboot ! org>
Date:       2022-05-06 14:55:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Fri, May 6, 2022 at 6:16 AM Peter Stuge <peter@stuge.se> wrote:

> Valerii Gugnin wrote:
> > What are the most popular systems on which coreboot is typically used?
>
> I guess that's the various Chromebooks, all of which ship with coreboot.
>

> > What mainboards, southbridges, SoCs etc do these systems use?
>
> Chromebook (and related) reference mainboards live under mainboard/google/
> in the codebase, but note that those are just that, reference designs.

Just a note that this is not actually the case, the OEM variant firmware is
always (at least
in recent memory) able to be built as well, (see the
mainboard/google/*/variants subdirectories).
Yes it does include the reference design, sometimes as a "baseboard", where
the variants simply
provide their differences from the baseboard.