List:       linuxbios
Subject:    [coreboot] [coreboot - Bug #45] (Closed) F2A85-M fails to detect 24-32GB of RAM properly
From:       Felix Singer <coreboot () fe80 ! eu>
Date:       2022-02-11 19:13:43

Issue #45 has been updated by Felix Singer.

Status changed from Response Needed to Closed

Closed. No response since 5 years.

Bug #45: F2A85-M fails to detect 24-32GB of RAM properly

https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/45#change-875

* Author: Daniel Kulesz

* Assignee: Kyösti Mälkki

* Start date: 2016-04-25

Hi,

I am running Coreboot 4.3 release on the Asus F2a85-M with 16GB of Crucial Ballistix \
Sport DDR-1600 DIMMs at 1,5V (2 sticks). When I populate the remaining RAM slots with \
another 2 sticks of the same type, the system does not boot to the Payload. When I \
put only 1 of the additional sticks in (so in total I should have 24GB), the system \
boots fine but I am seeing 78GB (!!) of memory detected on the operating system - see \
the attached output.

I don't have the coreboot config at hand, but I am just running basically 4.3 release \
configured for this board together with the vgabios blob.

Is it safe to try the 4.4 prerelease to see if the bug can be reproduced there as \
well? I am just asking because I have no separate chip as backup nor the proper clip \
for hardware flashing this device.

memtotal.txt (1.21 KB)

coreboot.rom.bz2 (446 KB)

--

You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it, or are \
involved in it.

To change your notification preferences, please click here: \
https://ticket.coreboot.org/my/account