List:       linuxbios
Subject:    [coreboot] Re: 4.15 issue on pcengines apu2
From:       Michał Żygowski <michal.zygowski () 3mdeb ! com>
Date:       2022-02-11 12:52:22

Hi Jan,

On 07.02.2022 11:58, Jan Eidtmann via coreboot wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> with 4.15 access to my mSATA SSD on freebsd 13 (opnsense 22.1) times
> out. Reverting to 4.14 fixes the issue. I have posted some details in
> the opnsense forum here:
> https://forum.opnsense.org/index.php?topic=26661.0
> <https://forum.opnsense.org/index.php?topic=26661.0>
>
> NOK: https://pcengines.github.io/#mr-54 <https://pcengines.github.io/#mr-54>
> OK: https://pcengines.github.io/#mr-52 <https://pcengines.github.io/#mr-52>

If you are using the firmware images from PC Engines release site, they
come from PC Engines fork of coreboot and have a bunch of custom changes
added on top of upstream coreboot. In such case this issue may not
necessarily be related to the upstream coreboot repository.

> Please let me know if this is a known issue and wether it has been fixed
> in 4.16.
> Also please let me know if you need more information or help with testing.

I have created an issue to track a bug:
https://github.com/pcengines/apu2-documentation/issues/293
Please use it to track the progress. If this is an issue with upstream
coreboot and not the PC Engines specific changes, the fix will be
contributed back to upstream coreboot repository.

> Jan

Best regards,
--
Michał Żygowski