List:       linuxbios
Subject:    [coreboot] Re: coreboot Release 4.16 targeted for around Feb 12
From:       coreboot org <coreboot.org () gmail ! com>
Date:       2022-02-07 21:13:55

Hi All,
  This is the 1 week reminder that we're going to be doing a release
around this coming weekend.

Please test any boards that you're working on.  If you reply to this
email, we'll make sure that the results of those tests are included in
the release notes.

Also, please update the release notes with anything important that you
want in them.  Jason Glenesk and I will be going through the commits
and noting anything that stands out to us, but we may not recognize
everything.  You can reply to this email or add a git commit with any
updates.

Finally, we're changing the terminology we're using.  No platforms are
being "deprecated", and never has been.  We've moved support for older
platforms to branches, but they can continue to be developed there.
There was discussion after the last release about what we wanted to
move support for to a branch in 6 months, but I don't believe there
was any specific decision.

If  any mainboards or chip support is going to be moved to a branch,
it needs to go into the release notes and be announced.  Please post
to the list and it will be discussed in the next coreboot leadership
meeting, on wednesday.

Martin