List:       linuxbios
Subject:    [coreboot] Re: Intent to release coreboot 4.14 on May 10
From:       Angel Pons <th3fanbus () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-04-26 15:17:04

Hi Patrick, list,

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 3:12 PM Patrick Georgi via coreboot
<coreboot@coreboot.org> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> This email starts the release process for coreboot 4.14, so we're now at the "~2 \
> weeks prior to release" step in our \
> https://doc.coreboot.org/releases/checklist.html
> As usual, our releases don't denote any particular feature or stability milestone, \
> they only serve two purposes: 1. Avoid the impression that coreboot is dead - an \
> idea that actually came up before we started doing time-based releases 2. Provide \
> anchor points that downstream coreboot users can use to base their work against if \
> they wish to do so
> What everybody can do: Consider testing the devices you have against our current \
> master branch, send in board-status reports so boards are known-good in \
> https://coreboot.org/status/board-status.html, report or, even better, fix issues \
> you encounter.

Stoney Ridge fails to boot since https://review.coreboot.org/51723
landed. Something would need to be done about it before the release,
most likely a revert.

> As a developer, please consider if your large scale tree change can wait for after \
> the release so that the tree can settle down a bit. But also, if you have large \
> changes that are waiting (such as toolchain updates), you could already start to \
> bring them in shape to merge after the release!
> Also, please check out the release notes in \
> Documentation/releases/coreboot-4.14-relnotes.md to see if any notable work of the \
> last 6 months is missing there. Addition and deletion of mainboards and SoCs will \
> be added shortly before the release with script assistance, but everything else \
> won't be. Patches to extend our release notes are appreciated!

I'm be glad to review any patches to the release notes, simply add me
as a reviewer or poke me on IRC (hell__).