List:       linuxbios
Subject:    [coreboot] Need help porting to P8Z77-M. I'm lost.
From:       Keith Hui <buurin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-02-19 4:39:05

Hi guys,

I made the jump into the ivybridge world, sort of head first, and now
I need help.

I put my result so far on gerrit:
https://review.coreboot.org/c/coreboot/+/38988

I got nothing trying to boot it. No video. No serial. The closest
resemblance of "life" is a bootblock banner in the SPI console I
pulled off my flash chip, but its date is so wrong (Feb 3 vs. today,
Feb 18) I can't trust that, so I effectively have nothing, and I
essentially know nothing when it comes to dealing with an ME platform,
as you know my good old i440bx has none of these crap. I don't even
know where to start looking.

Here's what I did.
- Complete vendor firmware dumped off original SPI chip.
- Extracted descriptor and ME binary, VBT. I can get at the VGA BIOS if needed
- ME to remain intact until I get this to boot.
- flashrom layout saved
- Unlocked IFD with ifdtool
- Patched the chip id in #2 of 3 VSCCs in IFD to match my new flash
chip (W25Q64JVSSIM), was 0xef,0x40,0x17, now 0xef,0x70,0x17
- Run autoport while still on OEM firmware.
- Incorporated stuff from p8z77-m_pro which autoport didn't provide.
- Resized the CBFS to cover the entire IFD bios region
- Put dumped IFD and ME blob into config. Build. Flash. frser-duino on
Mega2560 R3 w/ Hoodloader2 is slow, but works.

Board has a serial port, and I have a serial cable that should work,
one that I tested after booting into systemrescuecd on a USB drive on
OEM firmware.
I'm attaching pretty much everything I have handy besides the actual
port itself, in the gerrit link above.

I am now a lost pig. Appreciate all help. Do tell me what else I need to put up.

["superiodump" (application/octet-stream)]
["flashrom.layout" (application/octet-stream)]