List:       linuxbios
Subject:    [coreboot] Booting Linux kernel with nosmp required on Lenovo T60 (ATI/AMD)
From:       Paul Menzel <pmenzel () molgen ! mpg ! de>
Date:       2019-12-15 10:54:50

Dear coreboot folks,

On the Lenovo T60 (with AMD/ATI graphics) the Linux kernel (4.9, 4.19,
5.3, 5.4) hangs after starting user space. As SeaBIOS, GRUB, payloads
and FreeDOS work, I tried to limit the number of CPUs, and booting Linux
with `nosmp` gave me a booting system. It worked with older coreboot
versions, so I think it's a regression. I am able to reproduce this with
coreboot 4.11 and 4.11-422-g1a5c3bb7fa.

Is somebody else seeing this issue? Maybe on some i945 desktop board, so
it would be easier to bisect?

Kind regards,

Paul