List:       linuxbios
Subject:    Re: [coreboot] OpenBMC & KGPE-D16
From:       Timothy Pearson <tpearson () raptorengineering ! com>
Date:       2018-02-28 22:49:47

On 02/27/2018 11:15 PM, Taiidan@gmx.com wrote:
> On 02/22/2018 04:36 PM, Timothy Pearson wrote:
>
>> Actually, for OpenBMC work, hotplugging is often the only way to go.
>> Just be very careful to align the pins correctly the first time; you
>> don't have a second chance if you misalign the pins and fry the module...
> I stand corrected, but I am nervous about doing this myself - is it
> possible to use a tester clip?

We have not been able to do so.  There are logic circuits onboard the
firmware module that interfere with direct flashing methods.

> Have you found a source for ASMB4 or ASMB5 modules? Many people I know
> who bought their boards on ebay didn't get one and the D8 unfortunately
> doesn't come with them either. I am going to contact ASUS and see if
> they have a stash.

As with most of the obsolete Opteron hardware, our sources are rapidly
drying up.  We have no source for these modules at this time.

--
Timothy Pearson
Raptor Engineering