List:       linuxbios
Subject:    [coreboot] New on blogs.coreboot.org: [GSOC] Panic Room, week #3
From:       WordPress <wordpress () blogs ! coreboot ! org>
Date:       2016-06-21 15:08:38

[Attachment #2 (text/html)]

A new post titled "[GSOC] Panic Room, week #3" has been published on the coreboot \
blog. Find the full post at \
http://blogs.coreboot.org/blog/2016/06/21/gsoc-panic-room-week-3/

<h3>What happened during the past week ?</h3>
code that added to cbfstool allows to convert between SELF and ELF.<br /> <a \
href="https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/15139/">The code has been now merged.</a></p> \
conversion to ELF whereas all of the other payloads were working wonderfully.<br /> \
It turned out it is the only payload (that I tested) that used more than two segments \
to describe the memory image of  the program.<br /> This also uncovered a bug \
contained inside the elf_writer code that was probably never triggered given that the \
majority of payloads only contain one segment (<a \
replacement mobo for my Lenovo X60 target, so I can get back on track with the \
SerialICE part of the project.</p> <h3>What are your plans for next week?</h3>
the target while using the most recent version of the <a \
href="https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/14504/5">patch</a> that integrates SerialICE \
into coreboot.<br /> I am also looking into some work related to selfboot.c and the \
region api; the objective is to avoid loading the payload all at once while it is \
being executed and allow for the various parts of the payload to be loaded when \
needed.<br /> Hopefully I&#8217;ll manage to finish all of this before next week. \
(Sometimes I definitely feel too optimistic)</p> <h3>What?! Didn&#8217;t you have any \
mishapsİ this week?</h3> <p>It&#8217;s indeed quite fascinating how my equipment \
keeps breaking&#8230; this week was my Raspberry Pi&#8217;s turn. It won&#8217;t boot \
anymore.<br /> Fortunately I have a Bus Pirate and a BeagleBone Black to use for SPI \