List:       linuxbios
Subject:    Re: [coreboot] Generate microcode from tree not working
From:       "Alex G." <mr.nuke.me () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-08-01 5:35:01

On 07/15/2013 05:39 AM, Alec Ari wrote:
> Hello! Someone recently contacted me directly about my MA785GM-US2H coreboot port, \
> and they weren't able to get the microcode to generate:
> HOSTCC     cbfstool/cbfstool (link)
> LD         cpu_microcode_blob.o
> coreboot/util/crossgcc/xgcc/bin/i386-elf-ld: no input files
> make: *** [build/cpu_microcode_blob.o] Error 1

Oh nom nom nom. Your CPU has not been ported to loading microcode from CBFS.

> I've tested the compilation process here too and I get the same problem, not sure \
> how to fix it. It doesn't work for me no matter what board I select in Kconfig.
We're a bunch of old wizard farts using grep blackmagic.

config CPU_MICROCODE_IN_CBFS
        default CPU_MICROCODE_CBFS_GENERATE if CPU_MICROCODE_IN_CBFS
        default CPU_MICROCODE_CBFS_NONE if !CPU_MICROCODE_IN_CBFS

The rest is left as an excercise to the reader.